The Tamarack Foundation for the Arts Creative Business Incubator will be: accessible and useful to creatives from across the state; a visual representation of the high-quality art made in WV; and a space to drive and sustain growth for burgeoning creative businesses.
The foundation will join a new creative ecosystem comprised of businesses forming in and relocating to the Elk City District of Charleston’s West Side as part of the Staats Hospital redevelopment initiative driven by the West Virginian, family-owned Crawford Holdings LLC.
Working in partnership with Crawford Holdings LLC and the West Virginia-based architecture firm The Mills Group, the foundation has assessed a need of $100,000 to complete the initial build out of the space.
In the Press
- Watch Tighe Bullock walk the Gazette-Mail through the precise location of the foundation’s Creative Business Incubator;
- Read about the vision for the Staats Hospital redevelopment initiative;
- Read the Daily Mail editorial about how the Creative Business Incubator will help the economy;
- Read the Register Herald laud the efforts of the foundation to build the economy through initiatives like the Creative Business Incubator;
- Read The State Journal’s take on the foundation’s renewed direction and facility.