The West Virginia Division of Culture and History offers a variety of additional funding opportunities for individual artists and organizations.
New applications for the “Professional Development Grants for Individual Artists” are due on February 1 and October 1 each year. Grants up to $2500 are available for artists residing in West Virginia. These grants provide support for professional and emerging artists to expand or improve their work or share their expertise. Specifically, funds are available for:
- New equipment (excluding computers except where a computer is the primary tool used)
- Materials to pursue new departures in artists’ work
- Costs of professional development workshops, including travel, registration fees, meals and lodging (outline of workshop curriculum required)
- Self-designed apprenticeships (letter of support, syllabus or curriculum outline and signed contract from master artist required)
- Collaborations with peers or community organizations
(For the grant program specific to individual artists, scroll to the “Professional Development For Artists” listing.)