At the Tamarack Foundation, we work to advance and promote policy that better cultivates creative entrepreneurship. To accomplish these goals, we conduct and share research, advocate for policy change, and work to inform elected officials, economic developers, and community leaders across the state about the importance of building creative enterprise through artist entrepreneurship.
These six pillars offer a framework for our policy action to raise awareness and bring credibility, support, and investment for West Virginia’s creative economy.
- Creative Economy Development – Positioning the growth of this sector of our economy as a strategic asset to drive economic growth in total.
- Creative Placemaking Efforts – Shaping policy that supports arts-centered community development efforts in order to spur economic development, revitalize neighborhoods, drive tourism, and strengthen community connectedness.
- Small Business Support – Supporting legislation that positively affects small business owners.
- Talent Retention and Attraction – Cultivating dynamic, creative culture in West Virginia’s communities that attracts, retains, and advances talent, particularly in the areas of creative enterprise and design entrepreneurship.
- Promotion of the Value of Art and Artists – Positioning artists as economic drivers and championing the development of creative and entrepreneurial skills at all stages of life.
- Investment in West Virginia’s Arts, Culture and Creative Assets – Supporting the work to build the state’s investment in West Virginia’s arts, culture, and creative assets, while identifying new avenues for growth and inclusion.
- Sign up for our email list + follow us on social Facebook and Twitter
- Join us at the State Capitol every February for Arts Day ( State Capitol in Charleston, WV)
- Inquire about the availability of our Executive Director for consulting and speaking engagements at email@example.com
Want to know more about the creative economy in West Virginia?
Key partners in our work include:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Americans for the Arts
- WV Department of Commerce
- WV Small Business Development Centers
- WV Division of Culture and History
- WV Department of Tourism
- Generation WV
- Regional Economic Development Authorities
- Convention and Visitor’s Bureaus
- Local and Regional Arts Councils