Workshops and Classes for June
emma | June 1, 2016
SPOTLIGHT ON BUSINESS
Give it to Me Straight: Demystifying Website Building for West Virginia Artists & Creatives
A Tamarack Foundation U webinar featuring presenter Megan Bullock from MESH Design and Development
Thursday, June 9, noon – 1 pm
Whether you’re starting from scratch or have a website that needs a refresh, we will discuss what you need to know to make a confident decision about next steps. We’ll touch on: the best website options to get you started; how to handle costs; considerations for presenting yourself in the best light using language and images; and examples of well-designed artist websites. We’ll explain what a content management system is, and when and how to work with a professional web designer. All West Virginia artists and creatives have the potential to use an online presence to build their opportunities within and beyond state boundaries. Let’s discuss how to get there.
SPOTLIGHT ON ART & CRAFT
Educational Assistantships at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
Arrowmont offers an opportunity for people of all skill levels to spend a weekend, a week or two weeks immersed in art-making – experimenting, learning new techniques, exploring a variety of media and forms of expression. Educational Assistantships are an integral part of Arrowmont’s operations, and provides an opportunity for people with limited financial resources to participate in classes. Educational assistants receive class tuition, housing and meals during their assistant commitment. New this year – four, six and ten-week sessions. Travel, materials fees and other art supplies are the responsibility of the student and are to be paid weekly. Classes are awarded based on availability.
ARTWORK/CRAFT SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- Beckley, WV – Intro to Digital Storytelling (June 11) at Beckley Arts Center
- Buckhannon, WV – Scarf Painting (June 21); Introduction to Digital Photography (June 28 – July 26) at Artistry on Main
- Charleston, WV – Beginners Cutting (June 1, 2 or 4); Copper Foil (June 8 – July 13); Lead Came (June 9 – July 14); Beginners Fusing (June 7 – 14); Fusing Jewelry (June 21-28); Mosaic Flower Pot (June 3-10) at Amanda’s Glass Art
- Hurricane, WV – Morning Pottery Class Series (through July 12); Evening Pottery Class Series (through July 11); Painting (June 3 – July 8) at Arts and Thoughts Studio
- Martinsburg, WV – Beginning Watercolor Painting (June 10 – July 1) at Berkeley Art Works
Each month, we curate a list of upcoming workshops and classes available to West Virginian artists and creatives. To receive these opportunities as well as market and presentation opportunities in West Virginia and beyond; a round-up of our top blog posts; updates on recent additions to resource library; and more in your inbox each month, sign up to receive our monthly Tamarack Foundation U Dispatch. Select that you are an “Artist or Arts Organization” through our email sign-up form »
If you have an opportunity to share, please email it to Tamarack Foundation Program Director Emma Pepper at email@example.com.